1. Q: How many years young are you and what is your living situation?
1. 31 years old. I live alone.
2. Q: What's the biggest challenge you faced in changing your morning routine? How have you dealt with it/got over it/are still dealing with it?
2. Biggest challenge was staying consistent. I have tried many times in the past to establish a productive morning routine with limited success. Using the Morning Sidekick Journal has helped to keep me accountable to myself. Seeing the journal on my dresser when I wake up reminds me that I am dedicated to starting my day off right.
3. Q: What time did you wake up and go to sleep before you started using the Morning Sidekick Journal, and what time do you wake up and sleep now?
3. Before I started using the journal I would go to sleep anywhere between 12:00 AM and 3:00 AM and wake up around 9:00 AM or 10:00 AM. Since I started using the journal I have been going to bed between 11:00 PM and 12:00 PM and waking up between 6:30 AM and 7:00 AM.
4. Q: What did your mornings look like before you started using the Morning Sidekick Journal? What do your mornings look like now?
4. My mornings used to be lacking in a sense purpose. I would wake up and tidy up things that I had left out the night before and proceed to putz around until I felt the urge to do something. Now that I have my mornings planned out I find myself keeping things neat and tidy before bed so that I don’t have any distractions. This allows me to start out a well planned morning of accomplishing things that I would have otherwise put off until getting out of work.
5. Q: In one sentence, what's your favorite thing about the Morning Sidekick Journal?
5. My favorite thing about the Morning Sidekick Journal is that I immediately start each day with a sense of purpose.
6. Q: How long have you been using the Morning Sidekick Journal?
6. I have been using this journal for nearly three weeks.
7. Q: How has using the Morning Sidekick Journal and doing your morning routine impacted your life overall?
7. After decades of struggling with depression and anxiety I have found this journal to be a blessing. Getting out of bed early and tackling all of my chores for the day along with establishing healthy habits like meditation and morning walks has made me more calm and focused. I feel a sense of pride and accomplishment before I even step out of my apartment.
My job doesn’t feel like work anymore because by getting everything done in the morning, I have nearly an entire work day worth of free time at my disposal to use for pursuing my dreams --- it feels as if I have doubled my lifespan.