1. Q: How many years young are you and what is your living situation?
1. "47. I live with my hubby, Mike, our awesomely cute Boston Terrier and our cuddly 3 cats (who all like to join me for my yoga in the morning!). My hubby also did the journal with me and it’s made huge impact in his life as well!"
2. Q: What's the biggest challenge you faced in changing your morning routine? How have you dealt with it/got over it/are still dealing with it?
2. "You could say I was a tad bit grumpy when I first got up in the morning meaning.....it probably wasn’t a good idea to look at me or talk to me for at least 30 minutes. So I would say it was the getting up and sticking with it that were the biggest challenges. I was recently sick so I haven’t been getting up and doing my morning routine and I can say that I have noticed the difference. I’m getting back on track tomorrow!"
3. Q: What time did you wake up and go to sleep before you started using the Morning Sidekick Journal, and what time do you wake up and sleep now?
3. "I used to go to bed between 10pm -11pm and I’d wake up between 6am – 7 am. Now....I go to bed between 9:30 pm -10 pm and I get up between 4:30 am – 4:45 am."
4. Q: What did your mornings look like before you started using the Morning Sidekick Journal? What do your mornings look like now?
4. "Before I started using the journal I would hit the ground dreading the day. I used to get up, walk like a slug to the shower then get dressed and go to work. It was like living life in black and white with no depth to my existence. Now, I jump up excited to start my day. I LOVE utilizing Hal Elrod’s Life SAVERS so now I get up and get dressed for yoga. I go down to my basement and do a yoga flow for 10-20 minutes, I meditate for about 10 minutes then I come upstairs, make a nice cup of coffee and walk out to my sunroom where I grab my vision board and begin using it. Sometimes I take that time to also listen to some affirmations. Then I enjoy my cup of coffee while doing my journal and then reading for about 5 minutes. Now I live my life in FULL COLOR! I get so much more done in a day than I ever used to. It’s impacted my work day too. I find I have more energy and bring that to my career. My morning routine has also changed my evening routine. I no longer watch TV before I go to bed. I take that time to listen to a nice relaxing meditation on Insight Timer (my favorite meditation app!)"
5. Q: In one sentence, what's your favorite thing about the Morning Sidekick Journal?
5. "I love the AM and the PM structure to the journal and the daily tips."
6. Q: How long have you been using the Morning Sidekick Journal?
6. I can honestly say I have never been a morning person. I hated mornings. I remember in high school my mom enticing me to get up super early and exercise with her. I hated it and it would last maybe 2-3 days. Now, with the help of the journal, I LOVE mornings. I love the feeling I get from accomplishing so much more with my day. I thought when I first started I would skip the weekends but I found that I got so much more out of my days by getting up early and starting the day with my new routine. It makes me feel like my weekends are longer than they were before. Using the journal, I get so much more out of my week and it made me realize that the journal brought about 21 extra hours in a week that was there but I was never fully utilizing.
I really like the accountability in the morning and the night that the journal brings me. The personal development time I use in my morning routine helped propel me into a new position and a huge raise at the end of last year. Using the journal has allowed my husband more time to properly plan and work his day instead of his day running him. He used to have high anxiety over accomplishing all of the tasks at hand and the journal made everything simply fall inline for him. We are both much happier and productive people because of this journal. Thank you for the daily tips! Because of the tips I now listen to more podcasts and have several of Hal Elrod’s books.
7. Q: How has using the Morning Sidekick Journal and doing your morning routine impacted your life overall?
7. We used it for the 66 days it ran. We are excited to try the new ones and the Morning Mastery Journal as well. When we finished the Morning Sidekick the other journals weren’t available yet so we’re currently utilizing another awesome journal. When we’re done that one we will be trying one of these!