1. Q: How many years young are you and what is your living situation?
1. I will be 62 years old on March 29. I live with my husband in a three bedroom condo.
2. Q: What's the biggest challenge you faced in changing your morning routine? How have you dealt with it/got over it/are still dealing with it?
2. I am still dealing with it...It is my old friend Procrastination. Although I attempt to use the journal (morning) it seems I am facing a block to actually doing the work of it. But I know full well that this issue I am having is not the Journal.It is a reaction I am having to put forth any new behavior.
3. Q: What time did you wake up and go to sleep before you started using the Morning Sidekick Journal, and what time do you wake up and sleep now?
3. Through the last few years my daily habits have truly weakened. A usual day for me can begin at noon, and end at 1 or 2am. I live on the ocean, and I watch day after day sort of disappear! Part of me so very much wants to create a day that starts out early and bright, rather than late and laden with guilt. I have spent a month more or less observing my own behavior, and even though I say the words "I want to get up early and walk, I have not." I will soon have a partner to meet in the mornings, which will be a huge help. I am very familiar with the cognitive difficulties that fuel procrastination. I have returned to a book I bought years ago Called the Power of Now to remind myself of all of the reasons I am not acting. I also wanted to revisit and use the techniques that can alleviate it.. So far it is very useful. I can already feel the " I should's and the I have tos" loosening their grip.
4. Q: What did your mornings look like before you started using the Morning Sidekick Journal? What do your mornings look like now?
4. My mornings are actually afternoons. Unless I have a specific appointment to attend , I just laze around! While I have not ever been what you would call a morning person, I spent years getting up for work, decades actually.
5. Q: In one sentence, what's your favorite thing about the Morning Sidekick Journal?
5. I like that it provides full focus on the morning habits. I had tried to create a book for myself that could help chart the mornings. Yours does it.
6. Q: How long have you been using the Morning Sidekick Journal?
6. I am using the journal about a month. In January, day after day, most of my start attempts went nowhere. It was like me saying I will do this tomorrow, and then in the morning, I just would not. Cognative dissonance I believe! I wonder if you may want to add some info about what procrastination is all about?
7. Q: How has using the Morning Sidekick Journal and doing your morning routine impacted your life overall?
7. So far i will have to say that my attempt to use this journal has exposed truths about my fears that I had not really been addressing. Like everytime we approach a change, discovery comes along the way. My inertia has a reason and I am now into finding ways to erase those reasons.. I know I can get past it, and then use the journal to keep on the track.