1. Q: How many years young are you and what is your living situation?
1. 41 and holding. My husband and I live together with our 4-year-old son.
2. Q: What's the biggest challenge you faced in changing your morning routine? How have you dealt with it/got over it/are still dealing with it?
2. My biggest challenge was just getting into a routine and fitting in meaningful activities that moved my day forward for the better. I am a full-time working mother of a four-year-old who also takes on side work (teaching, also helping to get a brand off the ground called Content Hacks). I want to exercise, eat better and overall just execute my life in a way that leaves me fulfilled and happy. Prior to changing my habits, I was just exhausted all the time and always behind the ball. In a way, it seemed like waking up earlier would take time away from “me” (aka sleeping more), but in reality I’ve realized that planning out my mornings has given me more “me” time and allowed me to start my day on my terms and not because of other factors.
3. Q: What time did you wake up and go to sleep before you started using the Morning Sidekick Journal, and what time do you wake up and sleep now?
3. I used to work out in the morning several times a week, but everything changed when I had my child. I was still forced to be an early riser, but the attitude in the morning was shifted from, “oh let’s exercise and do something for you” to “oh gosh he’s up, hurry got to feed him, get myself dressed, pack the bag, etc…”
I would say I would wake up around 5:30 b/c my son would wake up at 6 and it was game on. With this discipline, I’ve been waking up at 4:30 and giving myself more time for me and actually feel better.
4. Q: What did your mornings look like before you started using the Morning Sidekick Journal? What do your mornings look like now?
4. Mornings were a harried mess (see earlier). Now, I think the biggest change is that my mornings are calmer and more productive. I’m intentional with my time. Planning them out the evening before also helps me maximize the time and feel in control of my day.
5. Q: In one sentence, what's your favorite thing about the Morning Sidekick Journal?
5. I think the power of the journal is it’s brevity. It demands short answers which makes the result actionable and practical.
6. Q: How long have you been using the Morning Sidekick Journal?
6. Since the fall.
7. Q: How has using the Morning Sidekick Journal and doing your morning routine impacted your life overall?
7. I think I’ve answered this in my earlier comments. The journal has forced me to be intentional about my mornings in way that makes me more productive and allows me to focus on what’s most important for me and my day.
Is it crazy to wake up at 4:30am? Sometimes, I think it is. Am I tired? Some days, but no more tired and most likely less tired than I was when I was waking up at 6am. However, the benefits of my selecting when I wake up (as opposed to my toddler or the alarm clock) far outweigh the minor inconvenience. I feel like in most every aspect of my life, I’m ahead of the game and for that I am so thankful to the Habit Nest Journal.