- Grab a dumbbell in each hand.
- Bend your knees slightly and hinging forward from your hips so that your upper body is leaning comfortably forward towards the floor.
- Hold the dumbbells out together in front of your torso with your arms as straight as possible.
- Pull the dumbbells out away from your body while keeping your arms almost fully extended, as if you were trying to squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Slowly return to the original position, still keeping your arms straight.
- Repeat the movement until the set is complete!
2. Shoulder Rope Pull
- Stand with the rope in between your legs.
- Keeping your arms straight (elbows slightly bent), pull the rope up from the floor to your shoulder height, hold for a count of two seconds, and slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat until the set is complete.
3. Lateral Raise
- Stand up straight with your feet shoulder width apart and have dumbbells by your side at arms length away. When performing this exercise your palms should be facing down.
- Keep your abs pulled into your spine, your torso stationary and raise the dumbbells to your side with a slight bend at your elbow. Lif your arms until they are parallel to the floor (shoulder level) and pause for a second at the top.
- Lower the dumbbells back down slowly and repeat.
4. Arnold Press
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand, raise your arms so that your palms are facing your face with your elbows close together.
- Push the dumbbells up over your head while simultaneously twisting your hands so when your hands are straight over your head, your palms are facing outwards.
- Bend your arms while twisting your hands so that you go back to the original position.
- KeepingKeepRaise the barbell up from the floor primarily using your glute muscles.
- Repeat the motion until the set is complete.
- Repeat the movement!