- Holding dumbbells in each hand, keep your knees slightly bent and your back straight with your chest puffed outwards.
- Hinging from your waist, bend down towards the floor as far as possible while keeping your back straight and your knees slightly bent.
- At the climax of the movement (when you get as low as possible, hold for .5 - 1 seconds).
- Using your legs and butt, straighten your knees until your body comes to a standing position.
- Repeat the movement to complete the set.
- Set a bar (barbell or Smith Machine) on the height that best works for you.
- Step under the bar and place the back of your shoulders (just under your neck) across the bar.
- Hold on to the bar with both arms, palms facing forward.
- Lift up to unlock the bar by pushing your legs up and raising your torso.
- Twist your hands back to completely unlock the bar.
- If you’re not already, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent for a squat position.
- Bend your knees straight down as low as possible, and step straight back up while keeping your knees in line with your heels.
3. Single Leg Glute Bridge
- Lay on your back with your knees bent to a 90 degree angle. Place a heavy dumbbell on your lower stomach, and hold the dumbbell on both ends.
- Using your glute muscles, lift your hips and pelvis as high of the floor as possible.
- With a flexed foot, straighten and lift one leg towards the ceiling - this leg stays straight in the air.
- Lower your body down so that it almost touches the floor while keeping one leg in the air.
- Drive your hips up as high as possible again to repeat the movement.
4. Alternating Step Up
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand, while keeping your core engaged and squeezing your glutes, step up onto a platform with your right foot (at a height that’s comfortable for you,) step down, and then alternate sides.