- Grab a dumbbell in each hand.
- Bend your knees slightly and hinging forward from your hips so that your upper body is leaning comfortably forward towards the floor.
- Hold the dumbbells out together in front of your torso with your arms as straight as possible.
- Pull the dumbbells out away from your body while keeping your arms almost fully extended, as if you were trying to squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Slowly return to the original position, still keeping your arms straight.
- Repeat the movement until the set is complete!
2. Lat Pull Down
- Grab a wide grip handle bar. Adjust the knee pad of the machine to ft your height to prevent your body from being raised while performing the movement.
- Grasp the bar with an overhand grip and your palms facing forward. For a wide grip, your grip on the bar should be wider than shoulder width apart.
- Keep your torso stationary and pull the bar down towards your upper chest. Squeeze your back muscles during the movement.
- Slowly raise the bar in a controlled motion back to the starting position, with your arms are fully extended and lats fully stretched.
3. Arnold Press
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand, raise your arms so that your palms are facing your face with your elbows close together.
- Push the dumbbells up over your head while simultaneously twisting your hands so when your hands are straight over your head, your palms are facing outwards.
- Bend your arms while twisting your hands so that you go back to the original position.
- Repeat the movement!
4. Cable Row in Squat
- Attach a rope to a low pulley on a cable.
- Grab the rope, and sit back in a squat position as close to 90 degrees as possible. Make sure you’re far back enough that you have full range of motion with your arms.
- Pull the rope as far back as possible by driving your elbows directly behind you. Squeeze your shoulder blades together, hold for 1 second, and then return to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement until the set is complete.