Workout 29 from Habit Nest on Vimeo.
1a. Clam Opener
- Wrap the resistance band just over your knees
- Lay on your leg side with your knees bent and your feet together.
- Open your knees apart as widely as possible while squeezing the glute muscles in your right leg as tightly as possible.
- Slowly allow the knee to come down so that they’re together again on the floor, and repeat the movement.
1b. Tabletop w/ Donkey Kick
- Get into a tabletop position with your hands and knees on the floor, and your back comfortably straight.
- Raise one leg and straighten it out directly behind you while raising it as high as you possibly can. Make sure to feel the contraction in your glute muscles.
- Allow the leg to slowly return to the original position and repeat.
1c. Glute Bridge w/ Leg Extension
- Lift your hips off the ground while keeping your toes pointed forward.
- From here extend one leg while squeezing your glutes. If you alternate legs, make sure to keep your glutes squeezed.
- Try to keep your hips as centered as possible without dipping from side to side. Don’t let your hips drop.
Note: Try and keep your hips as high as possible while doing this move. Lateral Leg Raise w/ Flexed Foot.
1d. Fire Hydrant
- Wrap a resistance band around your thighs just above your knees.
- Get into a Table-Top position with your knees and hands on the floor.
- Keeping your knee bent, raise one leg laterally off the floor.
Note: *Can do this with or without the resistance band.