- Hold dumbbells in each hand or take a barbell and allow it to hang in front of you.
- Hinging forward from your waist, keep your knees slightly bent and keep your back straight.
- Drive your elbows back while squeezing your shoulder blades together. Hold for 1 second, and go back to the starting position slowly.
- Repeat the movement.
*If you have lower back problems, try to find an alternative for this exercise like a seated row.
2. Reverse Dumbbell Fly
- Grab a dumbbell in each hand.
- Bend your knees slightly and hinging forward from your hips so that your upper body is leaning comfortably forward towards the floor.
- Hold the dumbbells out together in front of your torso with your arms as straight as possible.
- Pull the dumbbells out away from your body while keeping your arms almost fully extended, as if you were trying to squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Twist your hands back to completely unlock the bar.
- Slowly return to the original position, still keeping your arms straight.
- Repeat the movement until the set is complete!
3. Cable Row in Squat
- Attach a rope to a low pulley on a cable.
- Grab the rope, and sit back in a squat position as close to 90 degrees as possible. Make sure you’re far back enough that you have full range of motion with your arms.
- Pull the rope as far back as possible by driving your elbows directly behind you. Squeeze your shoulder blades together, hold for 1 second, and then return to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement until the set is complete.
- Holding dumbbells in each hand, keep your knees slightly bent and your back straight with your chest puffed outwards.
- Hinging from your waist, bend down towards the floor as far as possible while keeping your back straight and your knees slightly bent.
- At the climax of the movement (when you get as low as possible, hold for .5 - 1 seconds).
- Using your legs and butt, straighten your knees until your body comes to a standing position.
- Repeat the movement to complete the set.