Workout 36 from Habit Nest on Vimeo.
1a. Clam Opener
- Wrap the resistance band just over your knees
- Lay on your leg side with your knees bent and your feet together.
- Open your knees apart as widely as possible while squeezing the glute muscles in your right leg as tightly as possible.
- Slowly allow the knee to come down so that they’re together again on the floor, and repeat the movement.
1b. Fire Hydrant
- Wrap a resistance band around your thighs just above your knees.
- Get into a Table-Top position with your knees and hands on the floor.
- Keeping your knee bent, raise one leg laterally off the floor.
Note: *Can do this with or without the resistance band.
1c. Glute Bridge w/ Band Flutter
- Lift your hips off the ground while keeping your toes pointed forward.
- Open and close your knees together. When closing your knees, leave some tension in the band (don’t close your legs all the way so the band doesn’t get loose).
- Try to keep your hips as centered as possible without dipping from side to side. Don’t let your hips drop.
Note: Try and keep your hips as high as possible while doing this move.
1d. Double Walk Out
- Wrap the resistance bands around your calves or ankles
- Get into a squat position with your knees slightly bent and your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Staying low in squat position, take a step to the right while maintaining the low squat position.
- Step back to the original position, starting with your left leg.
*The double side step is the same movement, except you take two steps to the side and then return.