Workout 40 from Habit Nest on Vimeo.
1. Lat Pull Down
- Grab a wide grip handle bar. Adjust the knee pad of the machine to ft your height to prevent your body from being raised while performing the movement.
- Grasp the bar with an overhand grip and your palms facing forward. For a wide grip, your grip on the bar should be wider than shoulder width apart.
- Keep your torso stationary and pull the bar down towards your upper chest. Squeeze your back muscles during the movement.
- Slowly raise the bar in a controlled motion back to the starting position, with your arms are fully extended and lats fully stretched.
2. Shoulder Rope Pull
- Stand with the rope in between your legs.
- Keeping your arms straight (elbows slightly bent), pull the rope up from the floor to your shoulder height, hold for a count of two seconds, and slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat until the set is complete.
3. Arnold Press
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand, raise your arms so that your palms are facing your face with your elbows close together.
- Push the dumbbells up over your head while simultaneously twisting your hands so when your hands are straight over your head, your palms are facing outwards.
- Bend your arms while twisting your hands so that you go back to the original position.
- Repeat the movement!
- Set a bar (barbell or Smith Machine) on the height that best works for you.
- Step under the bar and place the back of your shoulders (just under your neck) across the bar.
- Hold on to the bar with both arms, palms facing forward.
- Lift up to unlock the bar by pushing your legs up and raising your torso.
- Twist your hands back to completely unlock the bar.
- If you’re not already, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent for a squat position.
- Bend your knees straight down as low as possible, and step straight back up while keeping your knees in line with your heels.