Workout 46 from Habit Nest on Vimeo.
GLUTE ACTIVATION WARMUP (30s Each)
1a. Clam Opener
- Wrap the resistance band just over your knees.
- Lay on your leg side with your knees bent and your feet together.
- Open your knees apart as widely as possible while squeezing the glute muscles in your right leg as tightly as possible.
- Slowly allow the knee to come down so that they’re together again on the floor, and repeat the movement.
1b. Fire Hydrant
- Wrap a resistance band around your thighs just above your knees.
- Get into a Table-Top position with your knees and hands on the floor.
- Keeping your knee bent, raise one leg laterally off the floor.
1c. Tabletop Donkey Kick
- Get into a tabletop position with your hands and knees on the floor and your back comfortably straight.
- From here extend one leg while squeezing your glutes. If you alternate legs, make sure to keep your glutes squeezed.
- Allow the leg to slowly return to the original position and repeat.
1d. Double Walk Out
- Wrap the resistance bands around your calves or ankles
- Get into a squat position with your knees slightly bent and your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Staying low in squat position, take a step to the right while maintaining the low squat position.
- Step back to the original position, starting with your left leg.
CIRCUIT 1 (60s Each)
1a. In and Out Jack
- Stand straight up with your feet shoulder-width apart and holding dumbbells.
- Jump into a wide squat position and touch the floor (or close to the floor) with one arm extended towards the floor.
- Jump your feet back together in a straight, standing position.
- Jump immediately back into a wide squat position and touch the floor with opposite hand.
- Keep alternating arms back and forth.
1b. Plie Squat w/ Shoulder Windmill
- Get into a deep Plie squat position with your hips dropped behind you, your knees slightly bent and feet shoulder-width apart. Feet should be pointed out towards the corners of the room.
- Hold dumbbells in each hand with your palms facing away from your body.
- As you squat down in this position, raise your arms up in a windmill motion, making a full-circle before your hands meet over your head.
- Staying in this deep squat, lower your arms back down in the same windmill motion, and repeat the windmill motion until the set is complete.
1c. High Knee
- Stand straight up with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Run in place while raising your knees as high as possible as you alternate legs.
- Repeat until the set is complete.
1d. Side to Side Squat
- Stand straight with your feet together, and holding dumbbells in each hand over your shoulder.
- Take a step out to the right, press your hips back and squat with your weight in your heels.
- Step your feet back together, and then squat to the left.
CIRCUIT 2 (50s Each)
2a. Speed Skater
- Lean forward, jump to the right while bringing your left foot diagonally behind you, and your left arm in front of you.
- Jump lef, bringing your right arm in front of you and your right foot diagonally behind you.
- Repeat this movement from side to side until the set is complete.
2b. Pendulum Lunge
- Take a large step forward until your leg is making a 90 degree angle.
- Take the same foot that lunged forward and do a reverse-lunge.
2c. Fast Feet
- Start with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Push through the balls of your feet an run in place, switching your feet as quickly as possible.
- Stay low throughout the movement and move your arms as you do the running motion. Keep your spine neutral and your core tight!
CIRCUIT 3 (40s Each)
3a. Lateral Lunge to Curtsy Lunge
- Stand with your feet together, step out on one side into a lateral lunge, keeping your other foot straight. Drop your butt as low as you can as if you’re sitting in a chair, making sure your knees don’t go past your toes in front of you.
- From here, step back to center, and with the same leg do a curtsy lunge take a big step back crossing it behind the stabilizer foot. Make sure to get your knee as close to the floor as possible!
- Repeat for the duration of the set, and then switch sides.
3b. Boxing Jab
- Standing with the knees slightly bent, hold a light dumbbell in each hand.
- Pivot your feet to one side and jab.
- Come back to center, and then pivot your feet to the other side and jab with your other hand.
- Repeat the movement while continuously alternating.
CIRCUIT 4 (30s Each)
- Stand straight up.
- Bring both hands towards the floor, and once they’re on the floor, extend both legs so they’re straight behind you.
- Jump or step your feet back to your hands.
- Using your arms for momentum, jump up as high as you can while reaching your hands towards the ceiling.
- Repeat until the set is complete!
COOL DOWN (60s Each)
1a. Hamstring Stretch
- Lying on your back with one leg fully extended, bring the other leg up towards your chest while trying to keep your leg as straight as you can.
- From here, flex and point your toes towards the ceiling. Switch legs and repeat.
1b. Glute Stretch
- Lying on your back, place one leg over the other and pull your leg towards your chest.
1c. Butterfly Stretch
- Sitting in an upright position with your back straight, and your chest lifted.
- Put the soles of your feet together, and push down on your knees gently to get a deep stretch in your groin and inner thighs.
1d. Runner’s Stretch
- Lunge forward with one leg at a 90 degree angle while your other foot remains straight behind you with the bottom of your foot facing the ceiling.
- Gently press through your hips. Lift your opposite arm up towards the ceiling.
- If you’re flexible enough, try lifting your foot and grabbing your toes.