Workout 46 from Habit Nest on Vimeo.
1a. Clam Opener
- Wrap the resistance band just over your knees.
- Lay on your leg side with your knees bent and your feet together.
- Open your knees apart as widely as possible while squeezing the glute muscles in your right leg as tightly as possible.
- Slowly allow the knee to come down so that they’re together again on the floor, and repeat the movement.
1b. Fire Hydrant
- Wrap a resistance band around your thighs just above your knees.
- Get into a Table-Top position with your knees and hands on the floor.
- Keeping your knee bent, raise one leg laterally off the floor.
Note: *Can do this with or without the resistance band.
1c. Tabletop Donkey Kick
- Get into a tabletop position with your hands and knees on the floor and your back comfortably straight.
- From here extend one leg while squeezing your glutes. If you alternate legs, make sure to keep your glutes squeezed.
- Allow the leg to slowly return to the original position and repeat.
1d. Double Walk Out
- Wrap the resistance bands around your calves or ankles
- Get into a squat position with your knees slightly bent and your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Staying low in squat position, take a step to the right while maintaining the low squat position.
- Step back to the original position, starting with your left leg.
*The double side step is the same movement, except you take two steps to the side and then return.