- Set a bar (barbell or Smith Machine) on the height that best works for you.
- Step under the bar and place the back of your shoulders (just under your neck) across the bar.
- Hold on to the bar with both arms, palms facing forward.
- Lift up to unlock the bar by pushing your legs up and raising your torso.
- Twist your hands back to completely unlock the bar.
- If you’re not already, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent for a squat position.
- Bend your knees straight down as low as possible, and step straight back up while keeping your knees in line with your heels.
Reverse Dumbbell Fly
- Grab a dumbbell in each hand.
- Bend your knees slightly and hinging forward from your hips so that your upper body is leaning comfortably forward towards the floor.
- Hold the dumbbells out together in front of your torso with your arms as straight as possible.
- Pull the dumbbells out away from your body while keeping your arms almost fully extended, as if you were trying to squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Slowly return to the original position, still keeping your arms straight.
- Repeat the movement until the set is complete!
3. Lat Pull Down
- Grab a wide grip handle bar. Adjust the knee pad of the machine to ft your height to prevent your body from being raised while performing the movement.
- Grasp the bar with an overhand grip and your palms facing forward. For a wide grip, your grip on the bar should be wider than shoulder width apart.
- Keep your torso stationary and pull the bar down towards your upper chest. Squeeze your back muscles during the movement.
- Slowly raise the bar in a controlled motion back to the starting position, with your arms are fully extended and lats fully stretched.
4. Lateral Raise
- Stand up straight with your feet shoulder width apart and have dumbbells by your side at arms length away. When performing this exercise your palms should be facing down.
- Keep your abs pulled into your spine, your torso stationary and raise the dumbbells to your side with a slight bend at your elbow. Lif your arms until they are parallel to the floor (shoulder level) and pause for a second at the top
- Lower the dumbbells back down slowly and repeat.