Caution: Avoid swinging your torso back and forth. This can result in a lower back injury.
- Attach a V-bar to the low pulley on a seated row machine. When gripping the V-bar, your palms should be facing each other.
- Sit down on the machine and place your feet on the front platform with your knees slightly bent.
- Grab the V-bar handles, lean over, and keep your back upright with your shoulders back. Your back should be slightly arched with your chest sticking out. As you hold the bar in front of you, you should notice a stretch in your lats.
- Keep your torso stationary and your elbows tucked in as you pull the handles back towards your torso. You should be squeezing your back muscles and holding that contraction for a second.
- Slowly return the weight to starting position by releasing your shoulder blades back down.