Workout 60: Full Body Circuit
1. Run In Place
- Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart.
- Lift one foot off the ground by bending at the knee and repeat the motion with alternating legs.
2. Mountain Climber
- Get in a push up or plank position. Keep your abdominal muscles tight and your body straight while holding yourself off the floor.
- Pull your right knee into your chest. Make sure that your body doesn’t come out of its push up or plank position. Keep your spine in a straight line and don’t let your head slump. Having core body stability is very crucial for this movement.
- Quickly place your right leg back down while simultaneously switching legs and pulling your left knee into your chest. Make sure that at the same time you push your right leg back, you pull your left knee into your chest using the same form. (This movement is essentially running in place while maintaining a straight and aligned body.)
3. Starfish Crunch
- Lie on your back with your arms and legs stretched out into an 'X' position.
- In one movement, bring one arm straight up across your body while simultaneously lifting your opposing leg and lifting your head.
- Attempt to touch one arm to your opposite ankle, or try to come as close as you can.
- Alternate sides.
4. Bicycle Crunch
- Lie flat with your lower back pressed to the ground. Place your hands behind your head slightly above your neck. Lift your shoulders into a crunch position.
- Raise yours legs so that your thighs are perpendicular to the ground and your shins parallel to the ground.
- Simultaneously, slowly go through a cycle pedal motion kicking forward with the right leg while pulling in the knee of the left leg.
- Bring your right elbow close to your left knee by crunching to the side. Then crunch to the opposite side as you cycle your legs and bring your left elbow closer to your right knee.
- Alternate sides.
5. Alternating Lunge
Caution: This movement requires a great deal of balance so if you lack balance or are suffering from an injury that affects your balance, hold on to a fixed object while completing this movement.
- Stand with your torso upright and your hands by your sides.
- Step forward with your right foot about 2 feet in front of you while lowering your upper body and maintaining your balance. Leave your left foot stationary behind you.
- Squat down through your hips. Do not allow your front knee to extend beyond your toes as you lower yourself. Keep your front shin perpendicular to the ground.
- Using mainly the heel of your foot, drive yourself back up to the starting position.
- Alternate sides.
6. Towel Snatch
- While holding a towel or t-shirt, get into a squat position with your feet wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the towel out in front of your body with your arms fully extended in front of you.
- Spread your arms as if you are attempting to rip the towel in half.
- While maintaining the squeeze of trying to rip the towel and keeping your arms straight, raise the towel up above your head and then lower it back down to the starting position.
7. Push Up
- Lie on the ground face down and place your hands shoulder width apart. Push your body off the ground through your hands while keeping your back as straight as possible.
- Lower yourself back down until your chest nearly touches the ground as you inhale.
- Exhale and press your upper body back up to the starting position while squeezing your chest, arms, and abdominal muscles.
8. Vertical Leap
- Sit in a deep squat position with your weight in your heels and your booty as far back as possible.
- Using your arms for momentum, jump up as high as you can while extending your arms to the ceiling.
- Land in the same seated squat position that you started in.