3. Chair Pose (Utkatasana)
Transition: Release from Tree Pose back to Mountain Pose.
- Make sure you have a firm base of support through your feet.
- Bend the knees and slowly lower your tailbone as if you’re about to sit in an invisible chair, leaning the upper body very slightly. Try to make your thighs as parallel to the ground as you can.
- Breathe here for 30 seconds.
4. Revolved Chair Pose (Parivrtta Utkatasana)
- Begin in Chair Pose.
- Bring your hands to a prayer position in front of your chest. On your next inhale, take a twist in the spine to hook your left elbow on the outer side of your right knee. Shift your gaze up toward the ceiling and hold this pose for 30 seconds.
- On an inhale, release from the twist to come back to regular Chair Pose.
Repeat poses 1-4, switching to the opposite side as necessary for asymmetrical poses.
5. Downward Dog to Upward Dog Pose Flow
Transition: Release from Revolved Chair Pose and bring your palms to the floor.
- Begin by coming into Downward-Facing Dog Pose by pressing the floor away with your palms, stepping your feet back behind you, and lifting your sit bones up and back.
- Inhale yourself forward into Plank Pose.
- Exhale and lower yourself to the ground slowly, then inhale and press your upper body straight upward into Upward-Facing Dog Pose.
6. Three-Legged Downward-Facing Dog Pose (Tri Pada Adho Mukha Svanasana)
Transition: From Upward-Facing Dog Pose, tuck your toes and inhale your sit bones up and back to enter Downward-Facing Dog Pose once more.
- In Downward-Facing Dog Pose, inhale and lift your right leg, extending it up and out.
- Breathe here for 30 seconds.
7. Bound Warrior to Humble Warrior Pose Flow (Virabhadrasana)
Transition: From Three-Legged Downward-Facing Dog Pose, bring your right foot forward.
- With your right foot forward, knee bent at a 90-degree angle, and stacked above the ankle, rotate your left foot.
- Align the back/side of the left heel with the back of the right heel (or slightly wider if you need a wider base of support).
- Straighten your left knee by pushing the left thighbone back
- Once you’re balanced and stable, inhale and raise your torso, lifting your belly away from your right thigh.
- Clasp your hands together behind your back and extend them backward, broadening your chest. (Bound Warrior)
- Take 1-2 deep breaths here, then exhale and hinge your torso forward as you raise your clasped hands skyward. (Humble Warrior Pose)
- Inhale yourself back up into Bound Warrior Pose.
- Flow between these movements for 30 seconds.
8. Crescent Low Lunge to Half Split Pose Flow
Transition: Ending in Bound Warrior Pose, release your left knee to the floor, untuck your toes, and lunge slightly further forward.
- Beginning in a low lunge, inhale your arms up, bringing your palms together overhead. (Crescent Low Lunge)
- Exhale and sweep your arms backward as you bend your left knee to a 90-degree angle. Lift the front of your right foot so that your right heel is the only part of your foot still touching the mat as you straighten your right leg. (Half Split Pose)
- Inhale forward again, coming back into Crescent Low Lunge.
- Alternate between these poses, flowing with your breath for 30 seconds.
Repeat poses 5-8, switching to the opposite side as necessary for asymmetrical poses.
9. Crow Pose w/ Toe Taps (Bakasana)
Transition: Plant your palms and step your back foot forward, coming into a Standing Forward Fold Pose.
- Bend your elbows slightly, lean forward, and try to place your knees on the backs of your arms near your armpits.
- Slowly lean forward enough that you can bring your feet off the ground.
- Tap the toes of your right foot on the ground, then lift your foot again. Repeat this movement for 30 seconds on the right, then repeat on the left.
10. Staff Pose (Dandasana)
Transition: From Crow Pose, swing your legs forward between your arms, coming into a seated position.
- Come to a seated position with your sit bones grounded and your spine straight and tall.
- Stretch your legs straight out in front of you, toes pointing up toward the ceiling.
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply here for 30 seconds.
11. Seated Forward Fold Pose (Paschimottanasana)
- Begin with your legs out in front of you, sit bones grounded and spine tall.
- Push your heels away from your body, engaging the feet and toes. Your arms should be by your side with your palms or fingertips pressing down into the floor.
- Inhale and keep the front of your torso long as you hinge forward at the hips and reach for your toes/feet.
- Remain and breathe here for 60 seconds, lengthening your torso forward and walking your hands forward with each exhalation until you can grasp the outer sides of your feet.
12. Wind Release Pose (Pavanmuktasana)
Transition: Release from Seated Forward Fold Pose, then lie back on the floor.
- Begin lying supine on the ground with your feet together and arms relaxed beside you.
- Inhale, then exhale and bring the knees in toward the chest, thighs pressing against your abdomen. Wrap your arms around your knees, hugging them close and clasping your hands or grabbing your elbows.
- Breathe deeply here for 60 seconds. With each exhalation, hug your knees a bit tighter and closer to your chest, then relax your grip slightly with each inhale.