Positivity, happiness, gratitude, and love aren’t accidents.
They don’t come from external things, places, or other people.
Life is lived from moment to moment, and in each successive moment we are blessed to have the opportunity to make a choice about the quality of attention and emotion we’d like to bring.
15 Positive Thoughts For The Day To Guide Your Experience
1. I am merely a visitor here. This planet, these people, and the circumstances that surround my existence are meant to help teach me understanding, compassion, empathy and love.
“The beautiful thing about life is, that we will never reach an age where there is nothing left to learn, see or be; it’s magical really.”
2. The most important question I need to face is, “How can I make life more wonderful for myself and others?”
“When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.”
3. Most people fail at the exam of life because they’re trying to copy others, not realizing that everyone has a different question to answer.
“No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.”
4. My life will begin to take the shape I sincerely wish when I give as much energy to my dreams as I do to my fears.
“It takes no time for the Universe to manifest what you want. Any time delay your experience is due to your delay in getting to the place of believing, knowing and feeling that you already have it. It is you getting yourself on the frequency of what you want. When you are on that frequency, then what you want will appear.”
5. I understand that if I can show just a moment of patience in a moment of anger, I will save myself 100 moments of regret.
“Once I realized the most beautiful things in life may have come from transmuting my greatest pains, I understood that feeling things so deeply is in fact a blessing and not a curse.”
6. I will experience negative emotion rising in me. But I know that I do not have to let them control me.
“Get out of your head and into your heart. Think less and feel more.”
The Gratitude Sidekick Journal
Build a consistent gratitude practice.
Special promo for readers of this article ONLY:
Get 90% OFF the the Gratitude Sidekick Journal PDF ($2.99) by completing the following steps:
*The discount AUTOMATICALLY applies at CHECKOUT when you add the gratitude sidekick journal PDF to your cart, so go straight to checkout and you'll see it there :).
7. I will not taint my experience of the day by complaining to myself. I will accept my actions, and remain polite to myself.
“People tend to be generous when sharing their nonsense, fear, and ignorance. And while they seem quite eager to feed you their negativity, please remember that sometimes the diet we need to be on is a spiritual and emotional one. Be cautious with what you feed your mind and soul. Fuel yourself with positivity and let that fuel propel you into positive action.”
― Steve Maraboli,
8. I will not take what anyone else does or says personally because I know that the way others feel and act has nothing to do with me.
“The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
9. I have absolutely everything I need to be happy in this moment.
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough”
― Oprah Winfrey
10. I will not hold on to pain, grief, stress or anxiety. Rather I will listen with untainted ears and an attentive heart, and let them go politely with the understanding they’re meant to provide me with.
“I have learned that when sadness comes to visit me, all I can do is say ‘I see you.’ I spend some time with it, get up, and say goodbye. I don’t push it away. I own it. And because I own it, I let it go.”
11. There is no objective good or bad. There are only the things that happen and the quality of the lens through which I perceive them.
“There is a magnificent, beautiful, wonderful painting in front of you! It is intricate, detailed, a painstaking labor of devotion and love! The colors are like no other, they swim and leap, they trickle and embellish! And yet you choose to fixate your eyes on the small fly which has landed on it! Why do you do such a thing?”
― C. JoyBell C.
12. I will not make my happiness contingent upon the happening of some event, or the receiving of some prize. I simply choose to be the happiness I desire.
“I was looking for someone to inspire me, motivate me, support me, keep me focused…Someone who would love me, cherish me, make me happy and I realized that all along I was looking for myself.”
13. Wherever I go and whatever I do, I will carry with me the intention of promoting peace, love, security, and satisfaction in myself and in others.
“There will be no peace until we humble ourselves and admit that we have no idea how life became a thing, no idea what life is, no idea what will happen once our body disappears; there will be no peace until we humble ourselves and admit that none of us know what we are doing, admit that all of us are just pretending, playing this game that we have been told to play before we had the ability to think for ourselves.”
-Kyle D. Jones
14. Doing my best is a necessity.
“When you like a flower, you just pluck it. But when you love a flower, you water it daily. He who understands this, understands life…”
15. I will maintain an open mind towards any idea I come across and anyone I come into contact with. I understand that each one of our experiences here is unique.
“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.”
Before I send you off to have an incredible day, I’ll leave you with one final quote.
“Sometimes when I meet old friends, it reminds me how quickly time passes. And it makes me wonder if we’ve utilized our time properly or not. Proper utilization of time is so important. While we have this body, and especially this amazing human brain, I think every minute is something precious. Our day-to-day existence is very much alive with hope, although there is no guarantee of our future. There is no guarantee that tomorrow at this time we will be here. But we are working for that purely on the basis of hope. So, we need to make the best use of our time. I believe that the proper utilization of time is this: if you can, serve other people, other sentient beings. If not, at least refrain from harming them. I think that is the whole basis of my philosophy.
So, let us reflect what is truly of value in life, what gives meaning to our lives, and set our priorities on the basis of that. The purpose of our life needs to be positive. We weren’t born with the purpose of causing trouble, harming others. For our life to be of value, I think we must develop basic good human qualities—warmth, kindness, compassion. Then our life becomes meaningful and more peaceful—happier.”
― Dalai Lama XIV,
As awesome and special as it is to have positive thoughts to guide your day, it's very often extremely difficult allow it actually happen.
The reason being that humans are extremely habitual animals. We repeat the same patterns of thought, emotion, and physical actions so consistently.. if we really knew how habitual we were we'd be stunned.
That's why it's so important to try and develop new habits.
Developing new habits allows you to live in such a way that being able to change becomes a part of who you are.
In the process of developing a new habit, you learn:
- What is weak in yourself
- What is strong in yourself
- The type of excuses you make
- How to combat the excuses you make through logic and persistence
- That you actually have the ability to change your experience of life
In building a new habit, you learn an incredible amount about yourself. The most important thing you learn is what IS helpful and what ISN'T helpful when it comes to trying to create change.
We built all of our Habit Nest products to help anyone create new lifestyle habits that will in turn give them the self-confidence and ability to change their experience of life in ways they see fit.
Habit Nest Journals To Help You Actually Practice Living Positively:
Use special discount code:
for 25% off your entire order.
The Morning Sidekick Journal:
Build a consistent morning routine to start every day.
The Meditation Sidekick Journal:
Develop a consistent meditation practice.
The Gratitude Sidekick Journal:
Build a consistent practice of gratitude.